Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Baby Micah!


Last weekend we got to meet Micah Tesfaye, who recently came home from Ethiopia with our friends Josh and Amanda. He is 8 months old and is so loveable and happy. The couple hours we were with him, he looked just like he does in this picture (and they said he's always like this, how lucky!). We both fell in love with this little guy. I was amazed by how much fun I had making him smile and laugh (I admit, he was an easy audience).

His parents are such great people, and are already very natural at parenting. We have known them since college and coincidentally, we lived in the same apartment building when we were all newlyweds--and had no idea our lives would parallel each other again with our Ethiopian adoptions five years later. Amanda and I also worked together at WV for a couple years and share a passion for African orphans. They introduced us to our adoption agency, CHSFS, and Amanda was so generous to encourage me and indulge my million questions when we were starting the adoption process last fall. It is so neat to see how God uses people in unexpected ways in our life's journey. We are thankful to have Josh and Amanda as friends and will continue to tap into their experiences as we join them in the parenting adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah! Wow...good for you in expanding your cooking. You'll have these recipes down in no time with your talents! The picture of you and Micah is darling..your face is absolutely glowing! Can't WAIT til the pics of you with your own little bundle start showing up here.

Anonymous said...

Sarah..also I'm such a nerd..I didn't sign my comment... Its from Kelly..love ya!