Thursday, April 19, 2012

April Photo Download

Wow, this is certainly the longest "blog break" I've taken. Honestly all of our energy has been spent trying to keep our family afloat in the midst of chemo. The great news is that Mark's PET scan he had in March showed that the cancer is no longer detectable in his body. He still has to complete his 8 infusions (last one is next Thursday), but we have peace knowing that the chemo did it's job. In the absence of the blog to keep a record of life, I've continued taking photos. I thought I'd share a few for those of you who have missed my kids :-)
Starting with the lowlight: Moments before Torin vomited all over me in one of our local restaurants. I was alone with all three kids. Looking at the pictures I took, I should have known he was sick. It was a mess. I was embarrassed. I haven't been back since :-(
Afternoon at the beach...with ice cream. 
  
I think Mark is going to have a serious hunch from working so much with the boys' on lego projects. #worldsbestdad. 
Guess who? :-)
  
I take waaaay too many pictures of her. I had to hold myself back on this post to try to keep some gender balance between the kids' photos. 
More time at the beach. We've been to the beach once or twice a week in April. It helps that it's 5 minutes away. 
  
Night before Easter I realized I forgot to buy basket stuffers. Oops. Fortunately I scrounged a few things I had tucked away for a rainy day. Kids were over the moon, and there wasn't even any candy.
Ridiculous.
Three hams.
Ashen is going to lose his bottom teeth any day. I've been taking lots of pictures of him lately to preserve his "baby smile" in my photo annals. He makes me swoon.
    
I had the honor and pleasure of being at my sister's birth on 4/6/12. My sweet niece Avalie was born in the wee hours of the morning. She is perfect.

My third niece, Hannah, was born four days later 4/10/12. I cannot get enough photos of her by text from my brother. She is amazing.
Ashen and Bereket loved holding her too. 
 
#cousinlove
 Hopefully I'll be back with more "words" in the coming weeks. Chemo is over next week!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family. I can see why you take too many photos, no wait, how can there be too many photos?????!! much love, A. Dede

Johanna said...

Oh Sarah, great pictures as always. It looks like fun fun fun in the house! I know it's not all fun but from the look of it your kids know they are loved and secure in that feeling. No being depressed there. Amazing job, parents!

mary said...

I love all of these, Sarah. So lovely.

mary said...

I love all of these, Sarah. So lovely.

cathy said...

I love knowing that chemo is about DONE!!!! And these photos rock my world. Great pics of all of you..

jayme said...

I love seeing so many pictures of your gorgeous kiddos! I've been thinking of you guys a lot lately and sending lots of love!

Mama Papaya said...

Be still my heart.