Sunday, October 09, 2011

Montana Girls

I just returned from the most lovely four days away with Bereket, to Montana, with my dear friend Laura and her daughter, Maleah, to visit our friends, Sarah & Kit and their family. We met last May in Ethiopia on our trip to bring our babes home. These ladies fall into my 'friends-for-life' category. We celebrate life in similar ways. The last four days were spent in Sarah's home: laughing, chatting, baking (& eating!), hot-tubbing, watching movies, running and feeling like I might pass out from the altitude, and reveling over the children we are raising. I am so grateful for the time away (thanks, Mark!) and for the beauty of Montana and the hospitality of the Stewarts. But, I am most thankful for friendship.

I will now share the photos that I had to take...my camera cried for me to take these (and believe me, there are MANY more!). We missed the rest of our dear travel-mates and their beautiful babies, but are really looking forward to a reunion out West next summer!

Bereket and Maleah upon meeting at the airport (I didn't capture the reunion hug!).

Teagan (Teags), Maleah, and Bereket











Laura & Maleah, Sarah & Teags, Bereket & me

Our exit from the plane (it was a little plane, we had to exit onto the tarmac)...the girls preferred to splash in the little puddle. Welcome home.


Bereket missed her brothers, but I think they might have missed her more. These photos were taken in baggage claim right after we stepped off the escalator.





Big brother is happy to have his little sis back, to watch out for! They played Ring-Around-the-Rosie in the parking garage and then walked to the car. My littles are back together, and now they all feel alright.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love the reunion pics!! Such a special time together...love you!

Johanna said...

Sarah those pictures are so so sweet and tender -the ones from MT and the ones back in Seattle. Glad you had such a lovely time with your friends. Glad your boys got their sister back!!

cathy said...

I'm so glad you got away and had a great trip! Such lovely photos!!!!