June 4th marked one year home for our darling daughter. A year!!?
Oh, how much a part of the fabric of our family she has become. I have gained so much perspective this year. It has been a year of struggle and great joy as I wrestled to overcome anxiety from and with my daughter. She and I have come so far. I think back to last June-August and the daily setbacks we had. Days when I thought she would never be happy. Days when grief was her MO. Days when I thought I could never be the mother she needed. Days when I wanted to just curl up and pretend that I didn't have three kids under 4. I remember a friend of mine telling me that a year from now it would be totally different. Oh, how I wanted to believe her, but I really didn't. I thought things would never change.
But they did. Life with Bereket is good. She has let me into her life, and I've let her into mine. She (mostly) trusts me now. She loves me to hold her and cuddle with her. She gives me kisses. Her smile is freely made. She continues to find solace with her daddy. Her brothers are ever at her side. Sure, there are days when things are rocky--but that's a 19 month old for you!
But they did. Life with Bereket is good. She has let me into her life, and I've let her into mine. She (mostly) trusts me now. She loves me to hold her and cuddle with her. She gives me kisses. Her smile is freely made. She continues to find solace with her daddy. Her brothers are ever at her side. Sure, there are days when things are rocky--but that's a 19 month old for you!

13 comments:
Wow!!! A year?!?!? I still remember gasping when I saw her referral photo-- she was GORGEOUS!! What a year you have had! Congrats on coming soooo far. God is good!
Celebrating your family from afar. A toast to all that lays before you!
That is just so sweet. You both have so much depth. Love you!
Love her!! I can't believe she was so small when she came home. She's so much fun, I can't imagine our family without her ; )
xoxo
H
She's such a beautiful girl! I'm so happy for where you are right now. And it only gets better :) Love all the pictures
What a year you've all had! It's so good to know you're doing great as a family and growing together. B. is so beautiful, and her smile must lift your heart and mind every day!
Sweet sweet Bereket. Both of you are so wise :-) Loved seeing you today.
We love our Baby Bereket!
Loved spending with year "with" you! Dear sweet Bereket...what a wise soul you are, and your mother...perfectly placed
A year???? I cannot believe that. But a wonderful year it's been. God is good, and I'm so glad she's bringing joy and love to your life.
She is so beautiful! I can see from the pictures just how much she's grown, and how at home she's become. Happy anniversary!
really....that went CRAZY fast! she looks so much older in the past few posts. glad things are good :o)
Boy, your words really reasonate. Thank you for sharing. You are not alone in these feelings. We went through these moments and still find them creeping up here and there, but much less intense and fewer (16 months home). your daughter is so beautiful and reminds me so much of our Tessa in these photos!
I hope you had a wonderful blog mama weekend.I
this is my first visit via "HotFlawed Mama"....glad I found another ET Mama out there!
Take Care-Jennifer aka "fiddlehead"
Post a Comment