Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Travel Group Reunion



Ethiopia: June 2, 2010 (L to R: Abraham, Moses, Maleah, Bereket, Addie, Nate and Teagan)

1st Reunion: October 15, 2010 (L to R: Abraham, Maleah, Bereket, Moses, Addie (check out Addie's 'before and after!'), and Teagan)

It was one of those times I won't soon forget: A weekend with the most amazing group of six women who went through the experience of "adoption-birth" together in Ethiopia, along with their babies for a weekend of reminiscing about Ethiopia, sharing about the transition home, challenging each other to 'do something' and not forget. It was the most encouraging weekend I've had in years. Just being with other people who are on the same journey and 'get it' like few do left me floating into the week after. It was pure joy to see how the babies have grown in their four short months home--how they have come out of their protective shells and have blossomed in their personalities and grown in size. The women came from NY, Texas, Montana, Oregon and Washington on somewhat of a whim, and I am betting it won't be our last weekend away. There is a bond I share with these incredible women that is so unique. I never thought or expected to gain so many cherished friends through adoption. Amie, Addie's mom, is also a child photographer (lucky us!) and made an incredible slideshow and wrote a challenging blog post. Read and see here.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

So jealous! That's awesome that you could get back together with your travel group like that! And especially so soon after coming home! REALLY cute pics!

Johanna said...

Oh it's so great that you got to meet with your friends again. I looked at the pictures from your friend and these babies are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

That is so beautiful. All of them are delicious! You guys have to keep it going...there will be a nice bond develop between the kids too.

Laura said...

Love you :)

Chatter said...

That is so awesome!! I love the pictures of all the babes lined up!! THat is so precious :) Very jealous but so happy for all of you to have each other! Hugs!!