Thursday, November 05, 2009
Too good not to blog about
Inspired by a few fellow bloggers to make pumpkin pancakes, I have to say they were a smashing success. Everyone loved them and they kept well for the next day's breakfast too. They taste much like a pumpkin scone...but alas they are pancakes! I wasn't going to blog about them, but while eating them, both Mark and I agreed they are too good to keep to ourselves.
Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 t pumpkin pie spice (or substitute 1 t. cinnamon, 1 t allspice, 1/2 t ginger)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar (I think this makes the milk turn into buttermilk...I was skeptical, but there was no hint of vinegar taste in the final product)
Directions
In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
We served ours with maple syrup, but others have made cranberry butter. Either would be yummy.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am putting the ingredients on my shopping list. Sounds great.
Yum! I think I'll try this recipe next; thanks!
When are you getting your guest bedroom done for G'ma?
Oh these look and sound delicious! :) We've saved the link you sent us for the recipe and are hoping to make it soon - thanks! :)
thanks for sharing...sounds pretty healthy too!
Post a Comment