Wednesday, August 05, 2009

ch-ch-ch-Changes


Every day for the last few weeks I have been stunned by the changes in Ashenafi. I know I've briefly talked about his new school and potty-training on the blog, those things are part of the whole change, but concisely explaining the level of this metamorphasis seems elusive. Watching someone change before your eyes is a wonder. Is it possible for a 2.75 year old to 'mature'? Well, that's the best word I can think of for this change.

Here's a run down of the changes over the last two weeks:

-Speaking totally fluently--no more toddler type language (other than when he mimic's T)
-Playing jokes on me
-Building airplanes with Duplos
-Saying 'I love you' to me
-Wearing underwear and being accident free all the time
-Dressing himself (with a wee bit of help getting things right side up :)
-Happy about going to school, not crying when I leave or pick him up
-Sleeping in a twin bed (and not getting out!)
-Sharing a room with Torin and not keeping him up at night (the morning is another story)
-Eating breakfast every day (what a wonder that does for his mood!! We've bribed him with a 'show' if he eats his breakfast...works like a charm)

Those are the tangible things I can describe. The rest is a spirit thing and is too difficult to describe. It's like he's coming into himself. He is so thoughtful and a deep-thinker...and quick to come up with solutions for problems that keep him from getting what he wants. I find myself looking forward to what the day has to offer in terms of Ashen-surprises. What a blessing he is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of A! I love hearing what he thinks about too ; )

-H

Mama Papaya said...

I love that moment when peace washes away the franticness that is toddlerhood.

And big, huge congratulations on the room sharing. Sounds like they did great.

Jean Wagner A Change of Art said...

Love to hear you tell it.

Anonymous said...

Sarah-- I totally agree-- I was amazed by his language and thoughtful, sweet nature around J-M. He is growing into the most wonderful little boy! =) A.H.

cathy said...

what a blessing, indeed!