Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Living a Dream




Mark had a business conference over the mountains this week, so we were lucky to all go, and visit with family too. This was our first longer"roadtrip" as a family of four...it went okay. The boys just don't like sleeping the car! I know, I know, everyone elses kids do. Mine don't. Even at nap time. Whoever is the passenger gets to be the "car entertainer": Endlessly passing toys, books and snacks to the back seat in hopes of averting a meltdown. I'd much rather be the driver. Ah well, we got there (and home) and the boys had so much fun, and we were treated so graciously by our hosts (thanks Larry and Janet!).





There were several highlights, but I bet that the backhoe will go down in the "Top 10 of being TWO" for Ashen. Gosh, how lucky are we to have family who own backhoes and tractors!? Ashen did not break a smile for the first several minutes on the backhoe. Not out of fear, but I think out of sheer amazement. The is-this-really-happening type of amazement. Torin didn't get to ride, but walked right up to the giants. He is also a huge backhoe fan...that being one of his first words and all.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's incredible- I love it! I had no idea Uncle Larry had a backhoe- that must have been heavenly for Ashen! Hooray!

-H

House of richteR said...

The no nap thing in the car must be genetic. :-) Your nephew doesn't like to nap in the car either (but will on occasion with lullaby singing). I am always "the passenger" who gets to entertain on our trips to Oregon too....lovely. ~r

cathy said...

when can we come play?

apriljahns said...

Gavin only falls asleep in the car right before we get home. It's SO annoying!

Anonymous said...

Son J said he plays heavy metal rock music in the car. The kids go into sensory overload and bam! are asleep.

As they'll be with us this weekend, I may try something like it (have no heavy metal music!) at nap time In The House. Last time it was too quiet with too many new noises for Mr G to go to sleep. Eventually it happened.

A. Dede/Gma Bean