The rain is coming down...summer is really over. It went too fast! I was in a fog for most of July and August wasn't fantastic weather-wise, and September was a toss up...now it's rainy October! I do enjoy the rain, but know that in a month or so my nostalgia for rainy days will have faded. For now though, I must figure out how to entertain an increasingly mobile 10 month old indoors. Ideas? We will be getting together with my sis, my cousin and other friends because playdates are definitely a hit, but there are so many hours in a day! They do fly by...never knew how short a day at home could feel. Long gone are the days at home that felt like an eternity...Sunday afternoons that seemed to last forever as I lounged on the couch and read a magazine while eating snacks that a 10 month old wasn't begging for. Our days look so different now. Parenthood is truly the biggest transition ever--more than marriage for us. Maybe because we were young when we married and didn't have patterns of bachelorhood that we needed to blend. Now, we definitely have patterns aligned with being DINKS (dual incomed no kids) that we're quickly getting over. We've become SIAKs (Single Income and Kids) overnight and are adjusting to our new lifestyle. Just takes a little more creativity and a lot more self-restraint. I never considered us as extravagant or indulgent, but when my afternoon frappacino craving comes on, or I don't feel like cooking dinner and just want to go out, I realize just how much I took for granted in my DINK status. Oh, the times they are a changing.
And no post would be complete anymore without a baby update. Ashen is doing really well (other than the teeth that are nawing away at his upper gums as they attempt to break through) and is really starting to walk. Mark has downloaded a couple videos that we'll attempt to upload very soon. He's recently learned to say "uh-oh" and says it in a very cute "eh OOOOh" fashion whenever he drops anything (which is very often).
I'm 22 weeks pregnant and feeling good. The baby is moving up a storm and is quite healthy. We're praying that the pregnancy continues to go really smoothly and that any anxiety we have would disappear. We're just starting to register for baby classes (like birthing and newborn care) at the hospital...we realized that if we don't sign up now, the baby will be here before we can get in...it's that close! We recently found out that our neighbors are also due with their first baby in December, so it will be nice to have a friend next door to share stories (and maybe share baby sitting?) with. By popular demand, I will post a belly picture here soon...promise.
4 comments:
Such fun times. Can't wait to see the video. xo Mom
He has gotten so big, and is becoming cuter by the minute! I bet he can't wait to be a big brother :-)
aaaaaaaah! at last an update for the curiosity of the doting great-aunt! So glad you are sailing through this pregnancy in grand fashion, and that Ashen continues to add to his cuteness factor. Now, stay put, and we WILL see you in December...! Hope you and Mark are getting the rest you need.... Love from the North. M
Hey sweet girl! Thanks for the comment on MY blog...I meant to write on here the other day about what a little cutie Ashen is. He looks like a little cookie monster in his blue coat! :)) Can't wait to see what his Halloween costume is..!
Standing by on the promised picture! :)
Kelly
Post a Comment