False alarm! The little guy is back to his normal nap schedule. Sorry for the freakout...hopefully that doesn't harm any of my future pleas for help (thanks for the comments). I think what happened was last weekend Mark did a little tweaking with his sleep schedule--put him right back to bed after his morning bottle so we could sleep in and make it to church in time with a well rested boy.
We had a nice Saturday. I am tutoring a very nice woman from Ethiopia in reading and writing. She would really like to take the US Citizenship exam, but never had any formal education in Ethiopia. I am so impressed with her dedication and desire to learn. We've been working together the last month and she's already taught me how to make authentic Ethiopian food and speaks Amharic with Ashen.
Later, Mark's mom and sis stopped by to drop off a LOAD of maternity hand-me-downs from one of Ann's friends in bible study. How nice! I was not hopeful, but was pleased with the selection...and most happy about having more than 3 shirts to wear. I can't bear to spend $$ on clothes I will wear for just a few months. I've never been a seasonal shopper...new clothes every season seems so frivolous.
And the visitors continued...we got a surprise visit from one of my dear friends, Kelly, who just started college at WWU last month. She was home for the weekend. She is such a bright light and we always have fun catching up. It is fun to reminisce about starting college...meeting your roommate, crushes, early classes, late nights, dorm food...
I made some corn chowder that we all feasted on and then played more with Ashen and then it was book time and bedtime for the little guy. Tonight I've been trying to figure out what to do about where to give birth. We're seriously considering changing insurance carriers in January, which would mean I need to find a new doctor or midwife. It's pretty complicated because I'm also changing insurance from my WV insurance to Mark's insurance for November and December, so I'd need to find someone who would take both new insurance carriers...uggh! I hope this can be resolved soon.
I took a couple pictures this week, but haven't downloaded any yet...so stay tuned.
1 comment:
Hey momma...I hope YOU are resting during these downtimes too! :)
Post a Comment