Disneyland morning finally arrived! The picture below captures everyones mood quite well.

Unfortunately, someone wasn't a very happy camper. Could it have been that somebody was missing their normal naps?
Unfortunately, someone wasn't a very happy camper. Could it have been that somebody was missing their normal naps?
Somebody else was tired of walking soon after we got there! I underestimated the need for a double stroller. We were switching kids in and out of the single the whole time. I wished it was big enough for me at times!
After Thunder Mountain Railroad (where we used a rider switch and fast pass to allow Mark, Ashen,Torin and me to all take turns going) we hit up our next favorite: Autopia! I thought these series of photos capture the passage of time well:
2012
2012
Bereket was set on meeting the princesses after I offered her the idea as a consolation to all of the cars we'd been driving and her not-so-good mood. I ate my words when I realized the line was an hour long. She prevailed and was smitten by the ladies--even though she has not seen the movies and really knows nothing about princesses. Is it in her DNA?
As someone that is somewhat stranger-shy, I was shocked to see how easily she hugged the princesses. There was awe in her eyes. Yikes! :-)
She was really into meeting characters too. More so than either of the boys (Torin was not intersted at all ).
THe boys were thrilled to be chosen for Jedi Training. The highlight was fighting Darth Vader in front of an audience. I have a great video of them fighting him...I'll upload it if I find time.
The boys favorite ride was (surprise!) Star Tours. This was my first and only time. Mark when with each of them 5+ times. It's a 3D ride that makes you feel like you're flying through space on 3CPO's shuttle. I am easily motion sick, so this was not my favorite.
Though the trip didn't allow Mark and me a lot of alone time (actually practically none!) it was sure nice to spend 5 days together. He was still recovering from chemo and not at full energy, but he made the most of it and was a trooper.
2 comments:
I totally got motion sick on that Star Wars ride too... my first ride at my first visit to Disneyland and I almost puked! The rest of the rides were great.
So fun! ; )
xo
H
"They're wearing our t-shirts!" Wyatt cried. "And there's Bereket!" It's funny how they know your kids but have never met them. Perhaps 2013 will be the year!
Post a Comment