I'm a few days behind in blogging, but better late then...
We celebrated Ashen's fourth birthday last Thursday. He had such a great day. Woke up to balloons in his room (a birthday tradition) and proceeded to have an early AM helicopter flight. The boys had their first "birthday cereal", aka, Lucky Charms, which was (surprise, surprise) well received. After grandma arrived, I took the boys on a frigid bike ride through town to the running track, which necessitated a midday bath. The afternoon brought about a nap and then a Birthday playdate. FYI on the birthday playdate: this is the easiest "un-birthday party" ever! Just invite two friends and their younger brothers (yes, that means 6 boys four and under), add cupcakes, and my son is happy happy happy! Ashen chose hot dogs and homemade mac and cheese for dinner.
We celebrated Ashen's fourth birthday last Thursday. He had such a great day. Woke up to balloons in his room (a birthday tradition) and proceeded to have an early AM helicopter flight. The boys had their first "birthday cereal", aka, Lucky Charms, which was (surprise, surprise) well received. After grandma arrived, I took the boys on a frigid bike ride through town to the running track, which necessitated a midday bath. The afternoon brought about a nap and then a Birthday playdate. FYI on the birthday playdate: this is the easiest "un-birthday party" ever! Just invite two friends and their younger brothers (yes, that means 6 boys four and under), add cupcakes, and my son is happy happy happy! Ashen chose hot dogs and homemade mac and cheese for dinner.
Grandma's creative airplane cake
Ashen with two of his best buds from preschool. Can't wait to compare this to their senior year group photos!The "coolest dad ever" flew the helicopter for the boys.
Ashen: My oldest, the first child to call me 'mama', the boy who stole my heart at first glance. Ashen is such a joy. He is kind and generous, especially with his brother. He is protective of his sister. He loves his mom and dad. The things he says these days keep us laughing and pondering (for example, he just asked me why the clouds are gray). He is always unassuming with his talents whether it be his physical feats like riding a bike at three, or mental milestones like when recently learned his letters and their sounds from watching this over the last two months (sidenote: totally recommend this to any preschool aged kid!), and this morning painted his first words (Ashen and Torin) totally unprompted by me...in fact, I have no idea how he knows how to write their names since I have not practiced writing with him. He has a very deep and mysterious soul--it is a delight to know him better every year.
9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Ashen!!!! And, I totally agree on Leap Frog Letter Factory. It's a gem!
Yay! Love you Ashen!!
I vote for cake... nothing else compares!! ; )
xoxo
H
Happy birthday Ashen! He has grown so much in these years and is more beautiful inside and out by the day :)
Happy Birthday sweet boy! You are such a joy to those around you!
Happy day! Wish we got to see you more.
Happy Birthday Sweet Ashen! Sounds like a fantastic celebration of a remarkable little boy. It's truly amazing to see these kiddos growing up!
Happy Birthday Ashen!! I'm thinking my boys would love having been there to see that helicopter fly :) Hope your day was perfect in every way.
4????? 4????? Are you kidding me? Where has the time gone? I'm so happy to follow your family on your journey. So precious.
Hey sarah.
What Etsy store did you get the cute big brothers shirts from? I want to get some for my nieces!
e-mail me at ncmeg1118@yahoo.com
thanks
Post a Comment