Saturday, August 11, 2007

Time Flies!







I always wondered why it took new parents so long to post on their blog or send email updates about their lives--I finally understand. It's true that there is nothing that can truly prepare you for parenthood. Though I've always been fond of children and done a lot of babysitting and hanging out with kids in my life, the 24-7 care of a baby is a much more intense experience. Eating, playing, sleeping and diapers are the name of the game. We haven't done much other than continue getting to know each other and have spent time with my family and some friends. We have had fun spending time with other kids...Ashen LOVES kids of any age. No whining from him when there is another kid in the room. Recently we've spent four days in a row with his cousin, Isaac. It's so fun and funny to watch these two together. They're not quite at the age where they can actually play together, but they recognize that there is someone else in their space and sometimes get jealous when grandma or dad is holding one of them and not the other. Soon they will be great friends, we know it. He's mesmorized by older kids...even those a few months older, like Micah, who is walking and much more independent. Ashen is now pulling himself up to a stand and loves to be walked around (him walking, us holding his hands). I don't think our baby will be a 'baby' too much longer.

I'm posting from my mom's today, so I can't post any pics, but will update it very soon so as not to keep you blog stalkers happy :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! this Alaskan blogstalker is waiting for more pix, although I totally enjoy reviewing the ones I have access to........sending more hugs, and lots of love, Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, great pictures!!! I'm so glad you have this blogspot website. This is great. I'm so happy for you and Mark. He is a cutie and what a blessing to you both. Take care and know I'm praying and thinking about you. Love, Millie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I constantly review your blog to check and see if there are any new pictures. Thank you for sharing your journey and your son with us all. He is so hansome. I can't wait to meet him. Wish you lots of rest and many blessings. Love, Gigi

Nancy said...

Sarah, Mark & Ashen... Just surfing your blog with Fekadu in my lap. He immediately started waving at Ashen's picture and saying "hi". I think a playdate is in order! :)